Thursday 21 April 2011

My Ate Cath










April. Spring finally arrived. This is one of my best springs out of 10 years in China and from day one I've started to love every bit of this months of semi-spring-summer-feeling.

This past week was incredibly exciting and I was in some mixed emotions for the whole entire week. My best friend, Ate Catherine and her sister Chris finally made it to Shanghai after coming- not coming- fickle-undecided years. She made it at last. She's never changed, she's still the same Catherine I've met years and years ago. The bubbly, energetic, exciting, smart, beautiful and the kindest person I've ever wanted as a best friend. I have always known, someday, even we're far away from each other and seldom send e-mail or text messages, we will definitely meet again and see each other, will go places and talk endless.


Not all people can keep a friendship like this, 18 years and still want to keep this friendship because we do appreciate one another with so much respect. I met her when I was in Malaysia while singing at one Hotel in Kuala Lumpur. After that meeting, she would visit us or simply follow us wherever my band go, whether a gig in Singapore, or Sarawak or in Miri and Langkawi too. The places she didn't visit were in India, Indonesia, Thailand and Hongkong maybe due to some personal things she has to attend to. Now here in China , she did and were so happy seeing each other. I would tell that 4 days ain't enough for a non-stop stories., giggling and crying while telling old happenings. Sad, happy exciting stories about the past years we've been away. How time flies. Memories are important to me, past present and future were all important and I always carry all the good things about Ate Cath and her simple ways of keeping me as well.I always pray that this friendship lasts until we're grey and old.

No comments:

Post a Comment