Monday 11 October 2010

Another blessed Monday




This Monday begins at 3PM. Very accurate alarm I set last night and I am wide awake in an instant. I'm up and out of bed , had a hot shower, logged on , checked my daily subscriptions, while I dry my hair, apply a lipstick and little blush on, Gaying got herself a muchy bisquits on my side. How nice it is to have this creature staring and watch me do things with my face.


Its almost 4pm. I rushed outside and rode a taxi and headed for my Monday church visit. Noone's in there but two old ladies and me. After that, I came back to my favorite street of all. Huai hai lu. One of the joys of living in a downtown area was the easy access to shops and restaurants plus a subway station blocks away. A new Japanese restaurants at the basement of Hongkong Plaza was one of the places to dine at. I passed by at that building and I suddenly felt hungry when I saw some inviting pictures of Japanese noodles and yakiniku. I didn't get my breakfast, just a glass of water and I thought I might get my early dinner. But I decided to wait a couple more hours before I get down on that basement. So I walked some more.

I got in to one of my favorite shops selling things from 1o to 15 kuai. While browsing the shelves, these beautiful jars caught my eye and remembered about an old tradition my mother has taught me. She said , one household must keep 3 jars containing things like, water, sugar and rice for luck. Since I was a kid, I remember her keeping 3 jars on one of our kitchen cabinets. So today, I got 3 cute jars and i'll put them on one of our kitchen cabinets. I might get more good luck too. I'm blessed , were blessed and I'm thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment