Thursday 14 October 2010

Approaching Winter

Its getting colder now. Summer has ended and this autumn weather brings chills to my spine, even during daytime. I grew up in a tropical island and even with my long years of experience at any coolest temperature abroad, I still not used to a numbing coldness of winter. I do love "summer.

This is my 9th autumn/winter In Shanghai and you can imagine how many jackets and warmers and thermals I'd have in my entire life in China. I've spent so much to fashionable and some outdated warmers already and this year I will dig up some old jackets on my storage room and am not going to buy anything anymore.

That was a promise three weeks ago. I checked my spendings yesterday and I was shocked to find out how much I've spent for the past weeks, all for autumn/winter 2010 season. Not including bags and make-ups and dont' forget a few pairs of shoes. I still didn't get the box of old and some not really old jackets at the storage room. I was planning to give up some clothings to friends but I'm a little bit sad to get rid of such big collections of winter clothes I'd been keeping for the past 2 to 3 years. But I think I will feel much better once they were gone. They're so much of them to keep. If we have winter in the Philippines, I don't mind paying a cargo or courier back home so they can use those thick jackets there, but they'll be useless as we don't have winter in the Philippines.
So now I'll use some in the next 6 to 8 months , get rid of old , and of course, get new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment