Monday 19 July 2010

On Viet








My off day. I woke up a little late from what I've expected yesterday. Oh I remember too, I got up and checked the weather and when I saw that its so hot and sunny, I decided to stay in bed and thought its better to go out later in the afternooon.
I finally made it downstairs at 4pm. Ready to explore the nearby shopping malls, on their Mid-year Sale.Yes its the time of the year for great bargains. I actually had a few great finds last week. Scored a Zara blouse for 50% off and a pair of shoes which I wore for 6 days straight. Obviously my "flavor of the month".

I've been thinking that after I dropped by at the Uniqlo, I'll go for a grocery at a nearby store on my way back to the apartment. I've been pondering creating a nice menu for the two of us this evening for dinner. But thinking what would be an ideal menu be like? Adobo? Sinigang? or all the repertoire of tried and tested recipes. Ahh...I'm lazy. I want to dine out.


Husband finally called and asked to meet him at Xintiandi's Aniseed. We're always curious of that Vietnam restaurant whenever we pass the area after work. And today, we decided to dine at that tiny but a little costly restaurant. The ambiance is nice, cozy but as I've said, for an appetizer, a palm juice, a coconut juice, beef , and a sauteed mushroom, 350rmb plus tip is a little costly. Or maybe I'm not used to eating such little portions of food at that price. The service is good anyway and the staff are polite, there with that, I think its worth it. And I don't forget that the preparations of food are nice too, not to mention that the small portions tastes good as well. Not bad for 350rmb. But that's the first and last.. I might try Kabb next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment