Friday 11 June 2010

Embutido

I love eating substantial fruits and veggies in the summertime. For me, soups are better taken during winter. Meat? not much. But a new found recipe is so irresistible, I didn't wait to learn and cook this one Filipino favorite called Embutido.

Internet has thousands of free recipes and this delicious appetizer was always on the main list of many filipino diners. While experimenting foods to satisfy my husbands love for good food, this cold cut got my attention and decided to try. I came from a family who are fond of cooking, and eating. My husband likes bringing me to a dinner, as an obligation maybe , not only on special occasions but during my off days as well. After my walks during offs, he'll make sure that we'll meet up somewhere he or I fancied. Both of us love Thai. Oftentimes , after a minutes of a little disagreements on choosing place to dine, we will end up eating at the same places we frequent for dinner, either Thai or Japanese food.

I am in the mood of learning new things. Easy cooking was one of them and this embutido was one of the best recipes to do. I didn't know that this meatloaf is very easy to prepare. ingredients are very simple and easy to find. I tried my first , second until i get the right taste. Now I think its good. I am so proud.

I recieved a few requests and although these are not all easy task I said but I am as much as willing to accept the orders even in a few quantities and I did. So most of the times, my ref was filled of foiled freshly cooked embutido chilled for my friends.


This is an additional way of earning extra, not able to sustain my window shopping, but at least I am well enough to learn such few good recipes. Not to mention that I am really enjoying this new found hobby even when I know it can't support my goal on saving money for my dream patio. Who knows It might happen soon.


Embutido


1 kilo ground pork
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3 boiled eggs
4 hot dogs, chopped tiny or preferred , can mix whole as well
2 medium onions, chopped
1/4 sweet pickle relish
1/3 diced quick melt cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped carrots


Procedure:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt i tbsp salt , 2 tbsp soy sauce, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
2. Place every 1-1/2 cups of mixture on aluminum foil. Roll then tie ends.
3. Steam for one hour. Let cool then chill overnight.
Slice diagonally just before serving.







No comments:

Post a Comment