Wednesday 16 February 2011

Extra ordinary off day




Wednesday. This is by far, one of the best days of my whole three really hectic, busiest months of the year. The last few months have been an incredibly busy time. It all started from December up February 15. That was ended yesterday yes. And today, we are given the off we deserve after almost a whole month without rest, yes we had off days but I still felt very stressed out and today I think this is the best off I ever had in months. I am so relaxed.

But then of course, my off day won't be complete without any small shopping walks during a special day like this. I had a few special days in the past weeks, Did lots of shopping too but today is quite an extra special walks of my whole 3 months. Last night before I slept, I prepared my pants and bag , laid them on top of my dresser so that all is ready when I get up.
It was raining when I got up this morning, I thought my plan will be cancelled. I was thinking f getting myself a new wallet since mine was snatched weeks ago. But this rain didn't stopped me to get up as early as I could. I was out since 10 o'clock in the morning. Browsed all the wallets in the whole Parkson , HK plaza, surveyed Coach too. One wallet I checked was 2,900RMB, forget it, I zoomed out straight to the exit window. My budget was tight, I am not spending more than 300RMB on a wallet. I did get one I need , Hotwind black leather one and its only 189RMB. Not bad , looks like it will lasts from 5 to 10 years.

I went to supermarket too. Ref is empty and I ran out of oatmeal and fruits . My decaf coffee need its creamer too. There I went home with two heavy plastic bags full of groceries and after a shower, I slept until 5pm. I was thinking of going out again as I still have few more hours to see some boutiques along Huai hai lu. Got lazy and did my laundry instead. After dinner, I curled up on bed and watched some TV. Boring tasks like cleaning the house, doing laundry and going to the supermarket, were relegated to the weekend. I don't have a schedule for these recurring responsibilities. I just do them when I feel like them.
This evening I watched movies the whole night. I spoiled myself with fruits and chestnuts which are so sweet that I didn't dare to eat on worries of having an itchy throat after I eat them. But today, since its a rest day I finished one whole bag.
This off day indeed was one of the very best day ever. A very simple life which I truly appreciate even how simple this day have been. It was really a relaxing day. I remember one message from God...
"If God gives a man wealth and property and lets him enjoy them, he should be grateful and enjoy what he has worked for. It is a gift from God". (Ecclesiastes 5:19)

The more grateful you are, the more you’ll enjoy your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment